Whether you are dipping your toes in the estate market or looking to improve your portfolio, keeping up with the latest property news is essential. Real estate laws, taxes and investment options constantly change to reflect the state of the economy, which is why the smartest investors know stay ahead of the game. These thirty blogs will provide you with the most reliable tips on every aspect of the estate market, so that you can play the numbers like the experts.
Real Estate Tax, Laws and Negotiations
In order to successfully negotiate real estate matters, you must first familiarize yourself with the relevant taxes and laws associated with various forms of real estate. Knowing these taxes and laws will help you make better investment decisions and avoid pitfalls that could cost you financially. These five blogs have all the inside tips you will need, as well as useful tools for keeping up with changing trends in real estate laws and taxes.
- Property Taxation 2013
- Cynthia Petitjean, CPA, ESQ. Talks About the 3.8% Tax on Commercial Real Estate
- Having Your Cake and Eating it Too – Achieving the Delicate Balance in Negotiations
- The Walmart Paradox
- Dealing with the Underdog
Buying Commercial Real Estate
Commercial real estate offers great opportunities for both investment and rental potential. No matter what state the economy is in, the right commercial property is always a valuable asset. The trick is in finding the right commercial real estate for you, and ensuring that you manage your portfolio to create the highest returns. Find out what the experts are doing by reading these five commercial real estate blogs.
- Who is buying all those properties and what does it mean for the apartment building investment cycle?
- Floored by Real Estate Innovation
- Executive Interview: Carl Dranoff, Dranoff Properties
- The Impact of Innovation on CRE
- COPT Office Portfolio in Special Servicing
Real Estate Investment
Investing in real estate is big business, and not something to go into without doing your homework. Real estate investment has a number of advantages over other types of investment, such as Competitive Risk-Adjusted Returns, at average returns of around 8.4%; stable income returns, portfolio diversification, and a number of regulations that ensure profits with the right investments. For more on how to make the best real estate investments, check out these five blogs.
- BP Podcast 017 – Finding Mentors, Facing Retirement, and Note Investing with Jeff Brown
- How I Escaped My Job And Became My Own Boss Flipping Houses For A Living
- The iPhone – A Tool Every Fix and Flip Investor Should Have
- The End of Real Estate In Your Twenties? + Answers to Your F.A.Q.s
- Keeping your money moving…
Buying into Retail Estate
Retail real estate, like commercial real estate, is a highly profitable market – provided you invest and manage your portfolio wisely. Income growth is one of the main reasons to invest in the retail market, as economic growth means more new tenants are looking for suitable properties. The retail market also benefits from inflation rates, due to average small-shop space turnover of every three to five years. Over time, you also have the opportunity to purchase multiple units in the same retail center, which will strengthen your portfolio even further. For everything you need to know about investing in retail property, have a look at these five blogs.
- The value of a comprehensive database of retail sites
- Whole Foods To Build More Large Format Stores
- Automated Kiosks: The Retail Floor Space Game-Changer
- Main Street Fairness Act – Not About Main Street & Not Fair
- What Has A Higher Cap Rate: Residential or Retail? – Dr. Peter Linneman
Mortgages and Housing Prices Tips
The housing market has had its ups and downs. Still, a wise investor will always come out on top by keeping abreast of the current market conditions. Knowing when, what and where to buy is the secret to making the most of home and leisure real estate investments. In these five blogs you will find the best tips and advice for buying a new home and getting the right mortgage.
- Down Payment Rules Are at Heart of Mortgage Debate
- Home Prices Jump but Affordability Remains in Buyers’ Favor
- Home Values Near Transit Outperform
- MacRo Sells 140 Acre Libertytown Farm for $1,050,000
- Should You Wait to Buy a Short Sale?
Green Real Estate
The preservation of the environment is something that concerns everyone on the planet; which is why there is an increasing demand for eco-friendly real estate options. If you want to do your part through environmentally friendly real estate investment, take the advice of these five expert bloggers.