The last thing any homeowner would want is for someone to get hurt coming up to or into their home. Not only is there a chance that someone might sue you, but no one wants a friend to get hurt coming for a visit. There are lots of things you can do that will keep your stairway safe. Many are routine maintenance types of things, some are weather related and others have more to do with construction. To learn more about how to keep your outside stairway safe for visitors you can check out these 25 blog entries.
Make sure that you take a look at your front entryway and try to see it as a visitor would. Can you easily get to the door or are there pots and decorations everywhere? Check to make sure the light outside isn’t burnt out and other routine things. These five blog posts will get into preventative things you can do to keep your front stairway safe.
- How to Make Outdoor Steps Safe
- Create a Warm Welcome with Lighting
- LED Brick Step Lights
- Indoor and Outdoor Stair Lighting
- Home Stair Safety
During the Winter
Outdoor stairs can get slippery in the winter with all of the ice and snow that pile up there. Slippery stairs are a danger for anyone trying to enter your home. To avoid falls you need to take care of your outside steps. These five blog articles will give you some tips to accomplish that task.
- Keeping Ice Off Steps and Walkways
- Black Ice: Are You Responsible for Keeping it Off Your Property?
- Winter Safety Tips
- Winter Safety Tips
- Home Safety Tips for the Winter Season
When Considering Construction
Are you tired of that old stoop and considering having a new set of stairs installed? There are many things to consider when you are making such an improvement on your home. You will need to make sure that the stairs are safe once they are built. Here are five blog entries that will help you make some decisions that will keep your family safe.
- Stair and Guardrail Safety
- Create a Safe Outdoor Environment Using Rubber Stair Treads
- Installing Concrete Pavers in Outdoor Stairs
- Great Idea for Stair Tread Covers
- Tips to Designing Stylish, Safe and Comfortable Outdoor Front Steps
All About Railings
One of the most important safety features on any type of stair is the handrail. There are many attractive options in railings on the market. These five blog entries will show you what types of railing are available.
- Handrail for Outdoor Stairs
- Deck Stair Railing Plans
- Outdoor Hand Railings for Stairs
- Outdoor Stair Railing: How to Take the Right Measurements
- Installing Outdoor Stair Railings Fundamental Elements of Importance
Hedges and Bushes
Have you ever walked up to someone’s door and had trouble finding the doorbell because there were plants and bushes hanging all over it? Planting a bush on either side of your door is a common landscape choice, but if you don’t keep the bushes trimmed they may encroach on the walkway up to the door. For these tips and more check out these next five blog entries.