Do you know all of your neighbors? If you would like to get to know your neighbors, one way to go about doing so would be to host a block party. You don’t have to do all of the planning yourself or pay for all of the food. Talk to a couple of people on your block and try to get someone to help you do the planning and executing of the event. Create some flyers to put up around the block. Ask people to bring chairs and a dish to pass. Come up with a few things for the kids to do. Often, you can get a bounce house donated for the event if it’s on a weeknight. Then all you need to do is make some food and you’ve got a party! These 24 blog posts will help you every step of the way.
You can create posters to hang around the neighborhood if you are inviting the whole neighborhood, but if you are just inviting those people on your block then you might want to create a flyer on your computer and make copies at a local copy shop. Sometimes you can get this service donated as well if you ask. Make sure that you either hand the flyers to the homeowner or attach them to the front door somehow, because it’s illegal to put things into people’s mailboxes. For more help in creating flyers, check out these eight blog entries.
- How to Plan a Neighborhood Block Party An idea of how to handle the flyers can be found in this blog entry.
- Block Party Flyer PSD Template Find ideas on how to make the flyers for your block party.
- Block Party Flyer Template Take a look at this video to get some help creating flyers for your next block party.
- Hosting a Neighborhood Block Party (When You Don’t Know Your Neighbors) Watch this podcast to get some tips for the party and take a look at the tutorial for creating a flyer.
- Host a Block Party Suggestions on what your flyer should include can be found on this blog article, as well as lots of other good ideas.
- Getting to Know Our Neighbors This post shares a lot of ideas about what to put on the flyer and how to deliver it.
- Block Party How-To Check out the ideas detailed on this blog post shared by an experienced block party thrower.
- How to Organize a Block Party Read about how to throw together a no frills block party and use her template for a flyer to give to your neighbors.
Whether you are hosting the block party or just going to one, you can find some tasty recipes in these eight blog articles to make and take to the party. You don’t have to spend a fortune to make a lot of food.
- Kids Halloween Block Party The food listed on this blog entry is perfect for a Halloween theme that will thrill kids.
- Ultimate Block Party Recipes Some of these recipes are ideal for any vegetarians in your neighborhood, and there are some healthy choices for anyone watching their weight.
- Block Party Appetizer Ideas (Recipe) If you are going to a block party, this post has appetizer ideas you might want to take with you.
- Top 10 Party Food Ideas Under $10 Find recipes for ten items that you can make and take to the block party.
- Tapas Block Party & Gathering of Spanish Fare You may want to run with this idea of having everyone bring tapas to the block party.
- Block Party Paradise Made Easy Smart tips like making food in bulk for the masses that can turn out at a block party are discussed on this blog article.
- Party Food Recipes The title of this post says it all; you’ll find a bunch of party recipes you can make here.
- Host a Fall Block Party Take a look at this upscale block party idea and maybe take away some food ideas for your next block party.
Face painting, bounce houses and music – once you have these you’ve got yourself a block party! You may find that one of your neighbors is an amateur DJ or plays in a garage band and would entertain the crowds for free. You never know until you ask. For more ideas on activities for your block party, read these eight blog posts.
- Hosting a Block Party This blog post suggests arranging for some musical entertainment for the adults and games for the kids.
- Rock the Block Party Check out the suggestions for games and entertainment for your next block party on this post.
- Block Parties Ideas and Tips Set up some bounce houses to attract the families with kids and see if a local karate place will do a demonstration for them.
- We are Party Animals Take a look at the activities that this blogger describes from their fall block party.
- Party in the Streets with Block Party Supplies Gather some activity ideas from this post.
- Block Party Basics These clever ideas for activities for a block party are especially good for kids.
- Church Block Party Treasure Hunt Game There are tons of activities listed on this blog post detailing different booths and things for kids to do at a block party.
- Hosting a Block Party Movie Marathon Rent a popcorn machine and a projector and show a movie outside during your block party.