When it comes time to sell your home, it can be a difficult task emotionally, physically and financially. It’s important to take a step back as you prepare to put your house on the market, and to view your home and its curb appeal as a potential buyer would. You’ll also want to do a thorough walk through of your house and notate all of the different places that you’ll need to update, as well as any flaws a buyer may notice, before putting it up for sale. Once you’ve made your list it’s time to form a game plan. These 24 blog articles will help you spruce up your house to get it ready to sell.
Realtors will tell you that potential buyers often make up their mind about a home in the first 30 seconds, which is why curb appeal is so important. You want your house to look welcoming to potential buyers, so that they are interested in continuing the tour inside. These six blog entries will help you see possible changes that can help boost your house’s curb appeal.
- Ready to Sell? Tips & Timelines for Getting Your House to Market Power washing the siding of your home and painting the front door are both easy ways to add to the curb appeal of your house.
- 5 Tips to Prepare Your Home for a Successful Sale Taking care of the outside of the home shows potential buyers that home maintenance is important to you and leads them to believe the inside is well taken care of too.
- Improving the Curb Appeal of Your Home Making sure that the outside is in good repair and adding some color with some container gardens helps enhance curb appeal.
- Selling Your Home? Make it More Appealing to Buyers Sometimes replacing the front door is all you need to do to up the welcome factor of your home.
- How Important is Curb Appeal When Selling Your Home? Keep your landscaping clean and trimmed so that potential buyers will know having a well-maintained home is a priority for you.
- How to Improve Curb Appeal and Sell Your Home This blogger recommends taking a picture of your home and analyzing it to see where the flaws are so that you can fix them.
Everyone has probably heard the phrase “the kitchen is the heart of the home,” and this statement is one that rings true. Many families spend a lot of time in the kitchen, and having a clean, updated kitchen is important when it comes time to put your house on the market. These six blog posts will help make your kitchen one that will sell your house.
- 4 Buyer-Friendly Upgrades that Can Help You Sell Your Home Fast Kitchen cabinets and countertops are updates worth investing in, and can be done fairly inexpensively prior to selling.
- Selling a House With a Dated Kitchen? Painting dated cabinets and replacing the old hardware are easy ways to update your kitchen on a tight budget.
- Should You Bother Sprucing Up Your Kitchen When Selling Your House? This blog post will show some before and after pictures to prove that updating your kitchen makes a big difference.
- Maximizing Your Profit: Tips and Tricks for Selling Your Home Sometimes changing out an older appliance in your kitchen will give it a fresh, new look to a potential buyer.
- 10 Cheap Fixes to Boost the Value of Your Home Matching appliances give the kitchen a cohesive look, which is important when selling your home.
- Increase Your Home Selling Chancing with a Spruced Up Kitchen Repair any grout that may be damaged and organize your pantry and other cabinets to update your kitchen.
Kitchens and bathrooms are big selling points in houses, so as you think about investing in upgrades, take a look at these rooms. If you don’t have the time or budget to totally remodel your bathroom, there are quick fixes that will make a world of difference. To learn about some quick fixes, read through these six blog articles.
- Selling? Quick Tips to Spruce Up Your Bathrooms For an easy way to update a bathroom, replace the light fixtures.
- Bathroom Paint Progress A fresh coat of paint can update your bathroom and give it a completely new look.
- Home Renovations—Sprucing Up Your Bathroom Replace worn flooring in your bathroom to breathe fresh life into it.
- 10 Tips for Renovating Your Bathroom on a Budget Installing new faucets and updated accessories in a bathroom can give it a brand new look.
- 10 Tips for Making Your Bathroom Shine Making sure everything is impeccably clean and replacing the shower curtain and towels are two easy ways to make a bathroom seem new again.
- How Your Bathroom Can Add Value to Your Home Potential buyers want to see your bathroom as a spa-like oasis, so adding luxury items like a towel warmer can help you sell.
Two of the most important things that you need to do when selling your home are decluttering and depersonalizing. It’s hard for a potential buyer to imagine living in your home when it’s covered in photos of your family, so get a head start on packing up for your move by boxing up all of your pictures and personal mementos. For more tips on preparing your home, take a look at these six blog entries.
- Preparing Your Home for Sale—A Few Economical Tips Make sure you walk through each and every room and look at it with fresh eyes to ensure everything encourages a sale.
- 10 Things You Must Do Before Selling Your Barrington Home this Summer To help declutter your space, you may want to consider renting a storage unit.
- Preparing Your Home for Sale Give your home a good, thorough deep cleaning before opening it up for viewing.
- Preparing Your Home for Sale Cleaning the carpets and floors throughout and decluttering everything will help entice potential buyers.
- Your Home is For Sale… How to Prepare for an Open House Keep these tips handy to refer back to when you are getting ready for your open house.
- Preparing Your Home for Sale Follow these insightful steps to get your home ready to sell.