Al fresco, which is a term frequently used in dining, translates to “fresh air.” That being said, al fresco dining is when you enjoy your food outside. And honestly, food usually tastes better when you’re outdoors anyway! There’s something about being outside and part of nature that turns an ordinary dining experience into a special occasion. To create your own area to enjoy al fresco dining, you might enjoy looking at some photos of other outdoor areas. Once you get inspired you can read about how to create the look that you want. While you are dreaming about your own al fresco dining area you can enjoy some recipes that are perfect for eating outside. Take a look at these 21 blog entries for some ideas.
Enjoy browsing through these seven blogs and dreaming about how you want your outdoor space to look. Some of these photos are of high end dining spaces, but you can recreate those spaces on a budget or just take a few ideas from each design. Even if you are working with just a balcony, you can get some table and lighting ideas.
- Al Fresco Take a look at these photos from a lake house retreat; you may be able to recreate some of these elements at home.
- Al Fresco Dining Inspiring pictures of many different ways you can eat dinner outside.
- Various Outdoor Dining Room Ideas Find inspiration looking at these different outdoor spaces.
- Inspirations on the Horizon: Coastal Outdoor Dining Rooms If you live on the coast you may be able to pull off one of these lovely dining rooms.
- Al Fresco Dining An interesting concrete table fills this outdoor eating space, and the material would weather well.
- Outdoor Dining Enjoy several al fresco dining shots on this post as the blogger struggles with a table dilemma.
- Outdoor Lounge and Dining Ideas From the normal to the wildly unusual, you will see several outdoor dining ideas here.
Creating the Perfect Spot
Once you get inspired, you might feel ready to tackle some projects on your own. Here are seven blogs that will show you how to create an outdoor space for dining. Maybe you want to build your own deck so that you can have an outdoor space for entertaining, learn what to put into an outdoor kitchen or just figure out how to pull together what you already have into a cozy spot for dining.
- On Deck Learn how to build a deck to create an outdoor dining space for your family and friends.
- Outdoor Kitchen Must Haves Learn about all of the things that make an outdoor dining space and kitchen perfect.
- How to Pull Together an Outdoor Dining Space Using things you already have, you can put together an attractive outdoor area.
- Steal This Look: DIY Scandinavian Outdoor Dining Space Just as the title suggests, you can take ideas from this look and create your own. See how to create a large table using saw horses.
- Outdoor Dining Spaces Many ideas for creating your outdoor space are shared in this blog post.
- Japanese Inspired Outdoor Dining Room Using tips from this blog article you can create your own Zen dining space.
- Create an Outdoor Dining Room to Entertain Guests Tips for creating a carport that will double as an outdoor dining area is explained.
You can enjoy these al fresco recipes anytime you’d like, but you should especially keep them in mind if you are trying to think of food to eat outside in your new dining area. These seven blog entries are full of tasty recipes that you can eat inside or out.
- Al Aire Libre—Al Fresco Dining or Eating in the Fresh Air Enjoy recipes for Mexican inspired breakfasts to eat outside.
- Recipe: Sun Blush Tomato Mini Pizzas with “Al Fresco Holidays” Make these simple pizzas to enjoy outside, no fork necessary.
- 5 Recipe Ideas for Al Fresco Dining in the Sun Find several recipes for salads that would be perfect for eating outside.
- 16 Ways to Enjoy Outdoor Dining with Children Baseball themed food is suggested for indulging your kids while eating outside.
- Best Side Dish for Al Fresco Dining: It’s Gotta Be Potato Salad Try this different potato salad recipe for your next al fresco eating experience.
- Chocolate Amaretti Peaches – Dining “Al Fresco”! This dessert recipe could be made on the grill, which would be perfect if you are already outside eating.
- Outdoor Dining: Three-Course Simple Summer Meal Recipes for a simple salad, delectable ribs and yummy dessert are shared on this post.