Whether they’re avid wine connoisseurs or not, many people collect wine corks to use as a decoration in their home. Often these corks are placed in a jar and left on display, however there are many other ways you can use wine corks to decorate. These 20 blogs give you projects that are both useful and ornamental for all the wine corks you’ve collected over the years.
Useful Cork Projects
Cork is a useful material because it’s lightweight, it floats, it insulates and it’s simple to work with because it’s soft. Try these five cork projects to make something useful for around the house.
- Crafts from the Past: Cork Strip Create this cork strip to tack memos too. It’s so thin, you can hang it almost anywhere.
- DIY Project: Napkin Rings You can individualize this project by picking out beads in the colors that accent your décor or complement the season.
- My Wine Cork Dresser This blogger took an inexpensive dresser and transformed it into the perfect buffet for behind the bar.
- A Bath Time Armada You can use a few of those old corks to create sail boats for your kids to play with in the bath.
- Wine Cork Bath Mat Cork dries quickly and doesn’t smell bad like fabric bath mats can after a few days of use.
Projects Using a Few Corks
You don’t have to have a huge collection of corks to create unique crafts. These five blogs explain how you can make a craft using only one to four corks. Cork takes on paint well, so keep in mind that you can paint your corks to change their look.
- DIY: Creative Wine Cork Crafts You can make this keychain by using just a single cork. This keychain works well for boat keys since it will float if you lose it.
- Make Recycled Champagne Cork Drawer Knobs This project is an inexpensive fix to buying drawer knobs and makes a statement.
- 10 Minute Gift: Cabinet Knob Bottle Stopper Here’s another project that you can make with a single cork.
- 10 Amazing Wine Cork Craft Ideas Using just a few wine corks, you can make these simple place card holders.
- How-To: DIY Cork Push Pins Try these unusual push pins on your bulletin board.
Many Cork Projects
If you want to try a project that uses many corks, you may want to ask your friends for extras they have or order some online. Sometimes a bar will save corks if you ask them. The projects on these five blog posts make a statement, so make sure that you place your finished piece in a room where it will get the most bang for your buck.
- Make a Chandelier from Wine Corks Create this one-of-a-kind look to hang over your bar or in a game room.
- DIY Wine Cork Bulletin Board You will need quite a few corks to create this “cork” board for your office or kitchen.
- Crafty Corks Make this cork lined tray to use or to display on the wall behind your bar.
- DIY Wine Cork Lampshade that You Can Easily Make at Home If you have a bunch of corks, this may be the project for you. You can recycle corks and upcycle an old lampshade for a unique lamp. It’s a win-win!
- Bottle Cork Trivet One of the handy things about cork is that it can take high heat without burning and works well as a trivet.
Decorative Cork Projects
Sometimes a project is done purely for decorative use. These five blogs have taken wine corks and turned them into art pieces, conversation starters and door decorations. Gather up your corks and try one of these projects soon.
- Monogram Made with Wine Corks Hot glue corks onto a wooden letter as a creative way to make a monogram for yourself or to give to others.
- How To… Cork Wreath If you have tons of corks, you may want to give this wreath a try. Once you find a base wreath the whole project should come together quickly.
- Creative Cork Crafts Use corks and other crafty accessories to create a fun frame.
- DIY Wine Cork Heart Create a few of these hearts and give them away to those you love on Valentine’s Day.
- Upcycled Wine Cork Pendants Learn how to slice corks and make them into pendant charms for a necklace with the help of this post.